As proud providers of holistic, well-rounded education, we celebrate our students’ achievements in all areas alongside academia. This includes sporting achievements, accomplishments in music and the creative arts, excellence in leadership, contributions to community service, and those student who have conquered personal goals.
Class of 2020
We are immensely proud of their exceptional results, continuing the College’s long tradition of academic excellence alongside being an open-entry school.
The final results for the MLC Class of 2020 (VCE, VCE VET and IB students) include the following statistics:
Congratulations to each student for not only their ATAR results, but their resilience, courage and personal triumphs!
The Class of 2020 have now completed their formal secondary education and are finalising their future pathways.
With scores that are well above the national average, MLC's 2020 cohort has contributed to a strong trend of academic excellence at the College. Please see the graph below for more details on MLC's year on year results.
VCE and VCE VET
- 16 students, 7% of the cohort, achieved an ATAR of 99 or above, placing them in the top 1% of the state.
- 27% were in the top 5% of the state with an ATAR of 95 or above
- 47% were in the top 10% of the state with an ATAR of 90 or above
- An outstanding 21 perfect study scores were achieved in 14 subjects, the second highest of any Victorian school: Accounting, Biology, Business Management (2), VCE VET Business (2), Chemistry (2), Food Studies, Languages: Chinese First Language, Further Mathematics, Mathematical Methods, Media, Physical Education (3), Psychology, Visual Communication and Design, and VCE VET Sport and Recreation (2).
Congratulations to Brooke Doolan, Anya Ross and Devyn Ross who are our VCE Duces, each achieving an exceptional ATAR of 99.90, and our VCE Duces Secundae Kirrily Bortolussi, Saskia Bortolussi, Eva Katsoulis and Sayumi Premaratne who each achieved an ATAR of 99.85.
More information can be found here in our VCE results news article
7 MLC students have achieved perfect IB scores of 45, which equates to the highest possible ATAR of 99.95 - for context, a total of 35 perfect IB scores were achieved across Australia. Congratulations to Nancy An, Jessica Chung, Alice Clifford, Tina Hui, Bridget Leibold, Joyce Wong and Olivia Yin for their fantastic achievement!
More information can be found here in our IB results news article
- A further 6 students achieved an IB score of 44, equivalent to an ATAR of 99.75.
- 28% of MLC’s IB students achieved an ATAR equivalent of 99 or above
- 80% of students achieving an ATAR of 90 or above
- The median ATAR for the IB cohort is an outstanding 95.45
- 67% of the total subject scores were either a 6 or 7, with 7 being the top mark possible to attain.
Reinforcing the strength of our students’ academic achievements and the diversity of their interests and talents, we are delighted that 85% of the cohort received their first or second preferences for university, across a wide range of disciplines including STEM courses.
In true 'world-ready' style, offers were also accepted to overseas universities including the University of Edinburg (UK), Regent's University London (UK), King's College London (UK), Columbia University (US) and Santa Clara University (US).
Congratulations are also extended to five students offered a place in the University of Melbourne Chancellor’s Scholars Program, and one student offered a scholarship at the University of Michigan.
* The Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) provides a measure of overall academic achievement that assists universities in ranking applicants for course selection. The ATAR is arrived at after the VCE study scores out of 50 are scaled. Students undertaking the IB also receive an ATAR, referred to as a Notional ATAR.