As proud providers of holistic, well-rounded education, we celebrate our students’ achievements in all areas alongside academia. This includes sporting achievements, accomplishments in music and the creative arts, excellence in leadership, contributions to community service, and those student who have conquered personal goals.
2018 Year 12 results snapshot
We are thrilled that, once again, our students have achieved outstanding VCE, VCE VET and IB results, continuing the College’s long tradition of strong academic excellence.
- 3* students achieved a top ATAR** of 99.95 - congratulations to Yaoying Lin, Kate Foulds and Betty Zhang as our Joint Duxes
- A further 6 students were our Dux Secondi with an ATAR of 99.85 - congratulations to Faizah Alam, Julia Silverii, Nieve Powell, Grace Boxer, Esther White and Cassie Xue for this achievement
- 11% of the cohort achieved 99 or above, placing them in the top 1% of the state.
- 33% were in the top 5% of the state with an ATAR of 95 or above, placing them in the top 5% of the state
- 48% were in the top 10% of the state with an ATAR of 90 or above, placing them in the top 10% of the state
Furthermore, an outstanding 19 perfect study scores were achieved in 12 VCE subjects, including three VCE VET subjects - the most of any girls' independent school in Victoria.
Four students received perfect study scores for Psychology, and three in Chemistry. The remaining subjects that achieved a perfect study score of 50 were Biology, VET Business (2), Business Management, Global Politics, Heath and Human Development, VET Hospitality (2), Mathematical Methods, Media, VET Music, Specialist Mathematics.
8 students also completed first-year university subjects as part of their Year 12 studies.
2018 also marks the 20th year of the IB diploma at MLC, and with a perfect IB score achieved each year for the past 11 years, the College is one of Australia's leading IB schools.
Our Class of 2018 now await Round One university offers on 16 January and we look forward to watching the next steps of their journeys!
Read our news article about 2018 VCE Results
Read our news article about 2018 IB Results
* Number of students who achieved 99.95 was previously two, however has been adjusted to three after an Enquiry Upon Results (EUR).
** The Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) provides a measure of overall academic achievement that assists universities in ranking applicants for course selection. The ATAR is arrived at after the VCE study scores out of 50 are scaled. Students undertaking the IB also receive an ATAR, referred to as a Notional ATAR.