Regional, interstate or overseas candidates sitting the MLC Scholarship Test in a non-MLC Test Centre, must schedule the test within 24 hours of the MLC testing date.
Candidates must abide by ACER’s examination protocols.
Scholarships do not cover:
- The consolidated charge, which is 10% of the tuition fee
- Boarding fees (except Indigenous and Boarding Scholarships)
- Registration fee for enrolment of $100
- Enrolment fee of $1250, or $1000 for a sibling of an MLC student
- MLC Banksia, MLC Marshmead, International Baccalaureate and Co-curricular fees
- Additional optional activities and programs.
- MLC reserves the right to refrain from awarding Scholarships if candidates do not meet the required standards.
- Scholarships are not available to full fee paying overseas students.
- Holders of a Music/Academic Scholarship are required to participate in school music activities and present as a soloist as the auditions for the Music Recitals. Music lessons are provided by an MLC music teacher.
- Current holders of an MLC Scholarship are not eligible to receive a further Scholarship,
with the exception of Year 5 Scholarship holders. On receipt of a Scholarship any other bursary is cancelled.
- No additional supporting documentation other than information requested by MLC,
will be taken into consideration when evaluating candidates for scholarships.
- Names of scholarship holders may be published in the Colleges’ printed and digital materials.
- A scholarship may be withdrawn if:
- The Principal is not satisfied with the performance of the scholar
- There is a failure to pay fees
- Considerable non-attendance
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
- No student may hold more than one scholarship.
Definitions of personal circumstances
At MLC, we seek to provide opportunities for students to shape their future and contribute to the community, locally and globally.
To be eligible under this category, families must have a combined family income of less than $110,000 per annum (means tested).
Supporting Documentation Required –
The Scholarship Financial Statement must be completed and submitted, where overall financial circumstances are taken into consideration.
To be eligible under this category, the student must identify as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
MLC also partners with Yalari. Enquiries regarding the Yalari scholarship program can be made by contacting Yalari on +61 7 5665 8688, email@example.com or visiting www.yalari.org
Regional and Remote Areas
To be eligible under this category, families must live in a regional or remote area of Australia as determined by the Australian Standard Geographical Classification Remoteness Area Locator.
For further information contact the MLC Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.